Old January 30th 17, 11:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default PHEC London cabs booked

On Mon, 30 Jan 2017 12:08:26 -0000, "tim..."
wrote:

"Recliner" wrote in message

I saw this, I did wonder where it should be posted

The new plug-in hybrid electric cab — capable of running at least 70 miles
on a single electric charge

70 miles!!!

is that really enough

It's pretty good for a PHEV. To stay on the battery alone, it will
obviously need to recharge periodically during the day.

but which will have a back-up petrol engine —

If it has a back up engine it isn't zero emissions, is it?

It may have a zero emissions (battery-only) mode for use in the most
polluted areas. The petrol engine would be used, if needed, to
recharge the battery outside the zero emissions zone.