Old January 30th 17, 03:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default PHEC London cabs booked

"Recliner" wrote in message
On Mon, 30 Jan 2017 12:08:26 -0000, "tim..."
wrote:

"Recliner" wrote in message

I saw this, I did wonder where it should be posted

The new plug-in hybrid electric cab - capable of running at least 70
miles
on a single electric charge

70 miles!!!

is that really enough

It's pretty good for a PHEV.

I meant

is that enough for a taxi

To stay on the battery alone, it will
obviously need to recharge periodically during the day.

but which will have a back-up petrol engine -

If it has a back up engine it isn't zero emissions, is it?

It may have a zero emissions (battery-only) mode for use in the most
polluted areas. The petrol engine would be used, if needed, to
recharge the battery outside the zero emissions zone.

but that wasn't the claim

tim