Old January 31st 17, 11:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default PHEC London cabs booked

On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 11:50:26 +0000
Recliner wrote:
The TX5 design concept captures the spirit of past generations of LTC
models and draws on more than sixty years of style that has made the

He's having a laugh. Clearly they have no concept of what style means.

The new design uses a similarly vertical front grille, and rounded
headlights, with a more upright stance and chrome touches. While the

Rounded headlights that look like cast offs from a 1990s toyota corolla.

- The taxis are inevitably boxy, as the aim is to carry 5/6 passengers
plus some luggage using the least possible road space.

The merc ones are boxy but still look good.

- They should look distinctive, so they're not confused with other
vehicles.

They manage in other countries with normal cars. I think the word "Taxi" on
the roof is the giveaway!

Factor all that in, and it's not surprising they look the way they do.

I disagree. They look the way they do because they probably spent a fiver
on the design.

--
Spud