Old January 31st 17, 11:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default PHEC London cabs booked

On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 12:41:54 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 11:50:26 +0000
Recliner wrote:
The TX5 design concept captures the spirit of past generations of LTC
models and draws on more than sixty years of style that has made the

He's having a laugh. Clearly they have no concept of what style means.

They look like timeless London taxis, which was the aim. They don't
look like contemporary private cars which will look dated in five
years.

The new design uses a similarly vertical front grille, and rounded
headlights, with a more upright stance and chrome touches. While the

Rounded headlights that look like cast offs from a 1990s toyota corolla.

They're modern LED lights.

- The taxis are inevitably boxy, as the aim is to carry 5/6 passengers
plus some luggage using the least possible road space.

The merc ones are boxy but still look good.

You're joking! They look like the vans they started off as.

- They should look distinctive, so they're not confused with other
vehicles.

They manage in other countries with normal cars. I think the word "Taxi" on
the roof is the giveaway!

Remember that we don't force taxis to all be the same colour in
London. London black cabs are just about colour but black these days,
so it's helpful if they have a familiar shape.

Factor all that in, and it's not surprising they look the way they do.

I disagree. They look the way they do because they probably spent a fiver
on the design.

Perhaps you don't know that Peter Horbury is a very experienced,
respected car designer?