Old February 4th 17, 09:39 AM
Robin9 Robin9 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London
Default GOSPEL Electrification

The line between Barking and Gospel Oak is due to be
re-opened at the end of this month. I have assumed all
along that the entire electrification project and attendant
rebuilding work will be completed by then. Certainly I have
not seen statements from TfL or Network Rail warning of
further weekend closures after the line is re-opened to
allow more work to be done.

At present on much of the route the stanchions to support
overhead wiring are not yet in place. I don't know how long
it takes to install these stanchions or to string up overhead
wiring, but it seems quite possible that this work will not be
completed within the next 24 days.

Does anyone know whether or not the original plan was to
complete the project fully by the end of February?

Last edited by Robin9 : February 4th 17 at 09:44 AM Reason: duplicated