Old February 3rd 17, 08:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default PHEC London cabs booked

On Thu, 02 Feb 2017 11:32:12 +0000
Recliner wrote:
On Wed, 1 Feb 2017 13:44:23 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

On Wed, 01 Feb 2017 12:13:56 +0000
David Cantrell wrote:
On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 10:24:00AM +0000,
d wrote:

For such a large company you'd think they could have designed something a
bit less utterly butt ugly than the horror that was presented the other

day.

Have you not seen any cars manufactured by large companies recently?

Yes, there are plenty of ugly vehicles out there. But usually its a one off
balls up by the company concerned. However taxis by LTI have been

consistently
ugly for 50 years. Thats not a balls up, its complete indifference to any

sort
of aesthetic appeal.

Has it not occurred to you that not everyone shares your concept of
aesthetics?

Given that its the interests of car manufacturers who actually have some
decent competition (unlike LTI) to make cars that people want to buy, I think
the style of modern cars tells you all you need to know. So while not everyone
shares my idea of style (fiat multipla still sold) I think I'm probably in the
majority and I very much doubt the majority of cabbies are happy paying a small
fortune for such a pig ugly vehicle.

--
Spud