Old February 3rd 17, 12:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Gatwick airport overbridge

In article , (tim...)
wrote:

wrote in message
In article ,

(Roland Perry) wrote:

In message , at
14:52:24 on Wed, 1 Feb 2017,
remarked:
Membership of EFTA requires remaining in the SM with FoM

So not really a Brexit at all.

Not what Norway think.

http://openeurope.org.uk/intelligenc...e/norway-and-s

witzerland/

An anti-EU group, I see. Norway and Switzerland are in the Schengen
zone which is not part of this discussion.

Why would we be different?

If we were the same, it wouldn't be a Brexit in any sense that was
campaigned for.

Not a universal view, especially as expressed before 23rd June 2016.

I'm fed up with arguing what people did or didn't vote for when there
are polls which show conclusively that the "leave" people wanted a
hard Brexit by a country mile (an order of magnitude more than the
winning vote margin) and also closer examination shows the various
"Norway/Singapore" soft Brexits were never a realistic proposition.

A bit silly to rely on polls when the overwhelming majority rejected any
exit which would make them poorer.

how do you know this?

I've never seen reports of a survey that asked

A series of polls, mostly asking how much people would pay themselves for
leaving EU. Very few willing to pay anything non-trivial.

All I have see is politicians spouting it like its "obvious" (which
to them, it is) (and then misusing it to imply that no-one voted for
anyone to be poorer)

The whole debate has been so dominated by fantastic promises, especially
from Brexiters, that paradoxical poll positions have been inevitable.

As it is with staying in ("to change it" as just one example)

Not as much but not entirely absent, I concede. And consequences of leaving
will undoubtedly be far worse.

--
Colin Rosenstiel