Old February 6th 17, 03:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default PHEC London cabs booked

On Mon, 6 Feb 2017 14:57:47 +0000
Basil Jet wrote:
On 2017\02\06 09:31, d wrote:

I tend to agree. There could be some incentive for having a wheelchair

friendly
taxi - being allowed to work longer hours or tax breaks perhaps - but forcing
all cabbies to drive around in these overpriced mechanical antiques seems
ridiculous.

Cabbies currently have no limit on their hours.

Fair enough, but flip it around then - if the cabbie wants to buy an
ordinary car with no disabled access then their hours per day are limited.

Old Street east of Great Eastern Street is a permanent traffic jam at
night because of minicabs doing three-point turns. Extending that to all

Hmm, I'll take that with a pinch of salt. I suspect the minicabs are doing a
3 point turn because of the traffic jams, not causing them.

There is also the danger of allowing car-height vehicles in bus lanes...
you need to be able to see over most other vehicles in order to whiz
past a jam without killing pedestrians. Obviously there are mass

Nah, not buying it. The driving position in a black cab isn't that much
higher than a normal car - certainly less than most 4x4s.

--
Spud