Old February 7th 17, 06:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default PHEC London cabs booked

"Recliner" wrote in message
On Tue, 7 Feb 2017 01:05:54 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
In article , d () wrote:

On Mon, 6 Feb 2017 14:57:47 +0000
Basil Jet wrote:
On 2017\02\06 09:31,
d wrote:

I tend to agree. There could be some incentive for having a
wheelchair
friendly taxi - being allowed to work longer hours or tax breaks
perhaps - but forcing all cabbies to drive around in these
overpriced
mechanical antiques seems ridiculous.

Cabbies currently have no limit on their hours.

Fair enough, but flip it around then - if the cabbie wants to buy an
ordinary car with no disabled access then their hours per day are
limited.

Under what legal provision would you achieve that?

Plus, more than one driver can share one cab. That often happens in
London.

Its the driver we're talking about, not the vehicle itself.

Yes, but you couldn't realistically restrict any cabbie from working less
than, say, 45 hours per week, and you wouldn't want them working very much
longer than that. And if you're trying to encourage them to drive a more
expensive cab, it's the capital cost that's the issue. As many cabs are
usually shated

ITYF most drivers are pretty upset if their cab is shated

tim