Old February 8th 17, 08:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Breaking news

wrote:
On Wed, 8 Feb 2017 09:11:57 -0000 (UTC), Recliner
wrote:

Roland Perry wrote:
"Dalston Kingsland: Several injured amid 'sheer panic' as fire breaks
out on board rush hour Overground train"

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...sland-several-
injured-as-emergency-services-called-to-incident-with-train-in-east-
london-a3461051.html

Seems like a bit of a panic reaction to an overheated workman's drill.

In multicultural London he may have had the look of somebody who could
potentially be a suicide bomber whose device hasn't actually gone bang
yet but is on the way there.

I assume he'd be Polish. I suspect the nervous pax just reacted to the
smoke. They probably couldn't even see the workman, who was probably at
work in the station, not on the train.

Also though it may be non PC to say it I wonder if there was any basis
for the so called " still upper lip" the British were supposedly
renown for in decades past but now vanished with the many of those
from different backgrounds being more excitable.

I suppose that's possible. NLL trains certainly have a very multi-cultural
assortment of passengers.

I wonder how long before the RMT blames DOO trains for the problem?