Old February 8th 17, 10:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Angel Road station

In article , (Basil Jet)
wrote:

On 2017\02\06 23:26, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sunday, 5 February 2017 04:05:23 UTC, Basil Jet wrote:
https://youtu.be/_bL0FdnXef4?t=8m51s

I've never used the footpath to it... pretty grim. The rebuilding can't
come quickly enough. It's not obvious to me why the staircase isn't
north-south so that you could see the station from the street and vice
versa.. surely that would feel safer than what they've done, as well as
giving shorter walks.

Slightly surprised that you weren't aware how ghastly the place is.
It's a minor miracle anyone uses it. At least someone has captured
the "experience" for posterity. When the new station arrives it will
be south of the A406 near Tescos / IKEA so the existing station will
vanish entirely. What is going to be interesting is how people around
the Montague Road area view the move and whether they will shift
their travel patterns to use the new station with its more frequent
service. Bus interchange will also be something worth watching as TfL
amend the 34 / 444 to serve the new Meridian Water development. I
doubt the 192 will change but the 341 may run further into the new
development as it opens at.

I just realised Geoff Marshall is planning to do Angel Road in his
series of least used stations in each county. You'd be a very
informative partner for him, Paul!

https://youtu.be/LB9JlpgBp9w?t=11m30s

I'm looking forward to seeing Geoff at Shippea Hill!

--
Colin Rosenstiel