Old February 18th 17, 10:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Replacement travel information?

"Recliner" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 19:09:39 on Fri, 17 Feb
2017,
tim... remarked:

what benefit does the BBC gain from translating

Some of, I expect. Or is "Look East" really available in Swahili?

their news into 30 different languages?

Because they have something called a "World Service"?

so who's paying for that then?

Is this a cost the viewers are funding or are the foreign office funding
it?

This has been covered extensively in the news. Did you miss all the
coverage?

No I was aware that the FO had lumbered the Beeb with this costs

but I also seem to recall that at the most recent agreement the FO took it
back

tim