Old February 22nd 17, 08:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default Arn't all new buses in London supposed to be hybrids?

On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 14:08:55 -0800 (PST)
Paul Corfield wrote:
On Tuesday, 21 February 2017 19:07:06 UTC, Clank wrote:
It remains a mystery to me why London spends a fortune on hybrid and batt=

ery
powered buses (complete with the inefficiency of adding a load of weight=

in
the form of decidedly environmentally unfriendly batteries to every bus)=

address a problem that in a sane nation would be solved with trolleybuse=

s.

Well yes but I suspect the prejudices of the Cities of London, Westminster =
and Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea are as strong now as they were =
back in the 30s. Can't wires fixed to our lovely buildings - heaven forfen=
d!

Thats probably got a lot to do with it. I can't think of any other reason
as to why London doesn't install them other than nimbyism though ironically
westminster doesn't mind having garish xmas decorations strung up between the
buildings on oxford and regent street on huge wires for 2 months of the year.

--
Spud