Old May 26th 04, 08:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Newt Dave Newt is offline

Default Bottled water on tube

Gary Jenkins wrote:
During the hot spell last week the announcer at Westminster Tube was
advising passengers to carry bottled water with them.

As far as I know the tube has been operating for over 100 yeras
without any seriious incidents of dehydrated passengers.

As far as I can recall, they have been suggesting this since the
incident a couple of years ago when a very hot and crowded Victoria Line
train was stuck near Highbury and Islington for quite some time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/2686441.stm

Have the
operators now lost confidenc in their ability to get people to their
destination within a reasonable time?

dave