Old February 22nd 17, 10:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Bristow Mike Bristow is offline

Default GOSPEL Electrification

In article ,
Recliner wrote:
The LU RMT branch seems particularly militant. Not so on LO.

There is no LU RMT Branch; there are about 15 branches covering LU.
Likewise, there is no LO branch. I'm not familiar enough with the
way they organize, but I would expect there to be at least 3 branches
with LO staff as members.

It looks, to my very uninformed eye, to be one branch per depot or
so, which makes a great deal of sense from a logistics POV. There
is also a fairly hard split between LU and NR branches, which makes
sense too, but here from a "sort of issues likely to be faced by
members" POV.

I don't think a single RMT branch with both LO and LU members is
likely anytime soon, regardless of the operating model.

--
Mike Bristow