Old February 23rd 17, 12:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clank Clank is offline

Default Arn't all new buses in London supposed to be hybrids?

On 23.02.2017 2:51 PM, tim... wrote:

"Clank" wrote in message
news
On 22.02.2017 12:30 PM, tim... wrote:

wrote in message news On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 10:05:28 -0800 (PST)
Paul Corfield wrote:
the bus market - there are very few viable hybrid single deck buses and
ev=
en fewer all electric or hydrogen buses. China seems to have a monopoly
on=
producing electric single deckers (see those on the 507/521) and I
don't t=

European manufacturers caught napping. They only have themselves to
blame.
Though I suppose given the prevalence of trolleybuses in Europe

prevalence ?

I can thing of a few places

but only a very few

certainly nowhere near enough to make it a dominant factor for suppliers

I can't think of a city I visit regularly that doesn't have them, to be
honest.

I recall you live in Romania (or have I got you mixed up with some else)

Hardly a representative sample

I'm not sure how where I live affects whether or not it's a representative
sample (clue: this year alone I've visited I think 7 cities in 7 countries
other than Romania, across 3 continents. Of those 7, one (Moscow) has, I
believe, the largest trolleybus system in the world, I gather, and at least
two others have systems.)

However, you're right, my sample is no more representative than, say, yours
would be. Which you'd know I'd already stated if you'd read my follow-up.