Old February 23rd 17, 08:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Jarle Hammen Knudsen Jarle Hammen Knudsen is offline

Default Trainspotting (1996)

On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 20:21:25 +0000, Basil Jet
wrote:

On 2017\02\23 19:51, Jarle Hammen Knudsen wrote:
So I went to see Trainspotting at my local art cinema today. When they
introduced the film they said the title is an example of a useless
activity!

They're not wrong. However,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leith_...ailway_station ...

"In the 1980s the derelict station was a haven for drug addicts, this
being alluded to in Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh. In one scene, the
character Begbie sees his alcoholic father living in the station. The
macabre joke is that the people who are there are all train-spotting,
despite the fact of it being abandoned since the early 1970s. This is
where the title of the book comes from"

It was filmed, but didn't make it to the final cut.

--
jhk