Old February 26th 17, 12:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster product pickup improvements

In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

wrote on 25 Feb 2017 at 02:29 ...
In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

wrote on 24 Feb 2017 at 07:40 ...
In article ,
(Matthew Dickinson) wrote:

From this April it should be possible to pick up online Oyster
purchases within 30 minutes, and without having to nominate a
particular station. It will also be possible to pick up purchases on
buses.

TfL are also planning to introduce an Oyster app to complement this
improvement.

Details are at:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...60/attach/3/Is

sue%2095%20Redacted.pdf

Hooray! The current rules are an utter pain for infrequent
out-of-London users like me. I got caught out by the evening deadline
too once, topping up for a planned journey the next day. Living in
Cambridge I can't even be sure where I'll start an Oyster journey.

If you used Auto Top-up, you wouldn't have that problem.

I don't use Oyster enough to justify lending TfL so much money.

But if "the current rules are an utter pain", there must be some
value in a scheme which avoids the pain. So how much interest would
you lose by lending TfL £20? Isn't it worth it to avoid the utter pain?

They rules are not that difficult to work around, especially now I go to
King's Cross so much less. I used to have to ensure I kept a balance big
enough to get through the gates there to avoid the hideous queues at the
ticket machines. It's just easier to top up from the comfort of my home
though.

More often than not I have my bike with me and don't use the tube.

--
Colin Rosenstiel