Old February 26th 17, 12:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Oyster product pickup improvements

"Richard J." wrote in message
wrote on 25 Feb 2017 at 02:29 ...
In article ,

(Richard J.) wrote:

wrote on 24 Feb 2017 at 07:40 ...
In article ,
(Matthew Dickinson) wrote:

From this April it should be possible to pick up online Oyster
purchases within 30 minutes, and without having to nominate a
particular station. It will also be possible to pick up purchases on
buses.

TfL are also planning to introduce an Oyster app to complement this
improvement.

Details are at:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...ttach/3/Issue%
2095%20Redacted.pdf

Hooray! The current rules are an utter pain for infrequent
out-of-London
users like me. I got caught out by the evening deadline too once,
topping up for a planned journey the next day. Living in Cambridge I
can't even be sure where I'll start an Oyster journey.

If you used Auto Top-up, you wouldn't have that problem.

I don't use Oyster enough to justify lending TfL so much money.

But if "the current rules are an utter pain", there must be some value in
a scheme which avoids the pain. So how much interest would you lose by
lending TfL £20? Isn't it worth it to avoid the utter pain?

what pain is that

going up to a machine and adding 5 pounds at the time that is convenient

tim