Old February 26th 17, 01:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Oyster product pickup improvements

On 2017-02-26 09:59:24 +0000, Guy Gorton said:

Cash is so simple and fast. Perhaps not as fast as contactless but I
will not use contactless for lots of reasons. I have two such cards
and hope, when they are replaced to get new cards without that
dangerous and vulnerable feature.

It is not a dangerous and vulnerable feature. It is in fact a lot less
risky than having £150 cash in your wallet (the approximate most you
can spend on a card without hitting a PIN check). But unlike £150
cash, if that happens you'll get the money back - the vendor loses out,
not you.

Do you and others that use traceable payments not value just a tiny
bit of privacy? I have 4 credit cards (and a debit card) each used
for very specific purposes so no one creditor knows all about me.

I'm not very interesting, really (or rather my spending pattern isn't).
FWIW, that expectation of privacy seems to reduce further still the
younger people you speak to.

Neil
--
Neil Williams