Old February 27th 17, 08:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default Oyster product pickup improvements

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 09:59:24 +0000
Guy Gorton wrote:
On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 19:16:49 +0000, Neil Williams
It's basically making cards more of an effective replacement for cash,
and I encourage that, as cash is a faff (and encourages the black
market etc).

Neil

Cash is so simple and fast. Perhaps not as fast as contactless but I
will not use contactless for lots of reasons. I have two such cards
and hope, when they are replaced to get new cards without that
dangerous and vulnerable feature.

Contactless is easy to disable. Just cut horizontally for about 1.5cm inwards
from the right hand side of the card. I've done it to all of mine so they'll
be of little use if nicked plus it has the added bonus of me not having to
drag my oyster card out of my wallet at every tube gate because of card clash.

--
Spud