Old March 1st 17, 02:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster product pickup improvements

In article , (Someone
Somewhere) wrote:

On 28/02/2017 18:37,
wrote:
In article ,
(Someone
Somewhere) wrote:

On 28/02/2017 16:58,
wrote:
In article ,
d ()
wrote:

Don't assume the gate processing won't get faster. Haven't you heard
of Moore's Law?

Moore's law has nothing to do with the speed of communications which
seems to be the limiting factor here - for Oyster the reader reads
it, calculated what needs to be applied and writes it, for
Contactless it reads it, and I believe checks with the back end
before allowing it, or if it doesn't the delay is to do with waking
up the NFC chip and carrying out the relevant authentication steps

-
again nothing to do with Moore's law.

Everything to do with it, I can assure you.

Really? That the time to deal with either an Oyster or Contactless
card is lower bounded due in signficant part to either CPU cycles or
die size?

All aspects of the system affect processing speed.

--
Colin Rosenstiel