Old March 1st 17, 09:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster product pickup improvements

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at 10:22:55 on Wed, 1
Mar 2017, Neil Williams remarked:

So they're removing an extremely useful piece of functionality?
Seriously? Doesn't surprise me given the ticket office closures. TfL
seems to be increasingly running things for the convenience of itself
rather than the passenger.

There will be advantages - weekly capping for one, not having to "pick
up" travel products another.

OK, so now we *have* found some features where the new Oyster card's
operation is different from the passenger's perception. I'm getting a
headache.

Contactless and Oyster already calculate some journey prices differently,
the Contactless technology being able to spot some peak/non-peak
combinations which are cheaper than the choices Oyster has to make based on
the history up to each touch in/out only.

--
Colin Rosenstiel