Old March 2nd 17, 07:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oyster product pickup improvements

In message , at
18:38:14 on Wed, 1 Mar 2017, Arthur Figgis
remarked:
If you want to discuss "early adopters of social media" instead,
then my view is that Facebook moved out of the early adopter phase
in 2009. I joined Facebook in June 2007.

When I was a student, c.1999 someone I vaguely knew set up a website
where people could upload newfangled digital photos relatively easily,
label their mates in them and generally cyberstalk people. If only I'd
given him a few quid to develop the idea further and introduce it to a
wider public...

An acquaintance of mine, Joel, set up such a site for Internet industry
insiders in around 1999, later threw it open to all comers.