Old March 8th 17, 09:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Taxi on test

In message , at 09:37:28 on Wed, 8 Mar
2017, d remarked:
While the piece itself focussed on studded tyres, I bet the real
reason is "battery capacity at sub-zero temperatures".

We get a lot of them in London, of course!

It's a "world car" or so we are apparently told.

They'll be lucky. LTi have tried to flog black cabs around the world a
number of times IIRC. Unsurprisingly no one wanted an underpowered, ugly,
expensive (compared to alternatives) diesel vehicle

Perhaps that's why they are trying out this new hybrid design???????