Old March 8th 17, 01:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Taxi on test

In article , d () wrote:

On Wed, 8 Mar 2017 10:13:26 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:37:28 on Wed, 8 Mar
2017,
d remarked:
While the piece itself focussed on studded tyres, I bet the real
reason is "battery capacity at sub-zero temperatures".

We get a lot of them in London, of course!

It's a "world car" or so we are apparently told.

They'll be lucky. LTi have tried to flog black cabs around the world a
number of times IIRC. Unsurprisingly no one wanted an underpowered,
ugly, expensive (compared to alternatives) diesel vehicle

Perhaps that's why they are trying out this new hybrid design???????

Its still fugly and will no doubt be underpowered and cost a fortune.
I don't think ford, toyota or nissan will be particularly worried about
losing much business.

Are Mercedes still selling Vitos for London taxi service?

--
Colin Rosenstiel