Old March 8th 17, 11:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Parliamentary trains in London

In article , (Basil Jet)
wrote:

On 2017\03\08 22:20, Paul Corfield wrote:

Worth noting that the Sat only 0530 from Liverpool St to Enfield is
not running via South Tottenham at the moment. This is because the

old electric overhead wiring through South Tottenham has been
removed. It and the short stretches on connecting tracks will be
reinstated as part of the GOBLIN electrification project.

Prior to the wires being removed, were these curves ever used during
engineering works? You'd think the tracks through Stamford Hill would
be closed the odd Sunday, but I don't recall it happening.

How would the route through Stamford Hill being closed affect usage of? Has
the route through South Tottenham to Enfield ever been a diversionary route
when there is a blockade south of Seven Sisters?

This weekend all West Anglia trains are being diverted from the Lea Valley
via Seven Sisters instead of Tottenham Hale. For the first time I recall,
Cambridge trains are stopping at Hackney Downs.

--
Colin Rosenstiel