Old March 9th 17, 08:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default Taxi on test

On Thu, 9 Mar 2017 06:54:34 -0000 (UTC)
Clank wrote:
It's been a while since I was in the UK so my memory may be rusty, but I
seem to recall they were common if not standard in both Leeds and
Manchester.

Not been to either of those cities for years, but I don't remember seeing
any in bristol or nottingham recently. Mind you, I wasn't looking either.

I suspect they'll be popular anywhere where offering drivers decent
protection from their passengers, and an interior that's easy to hose out

If protection from passengers was a primary concern minicab drivers would
buy them too. The fact that they don't tells you all you need to know.
Besides which, I'm sure its possible to get a screen fitted in a normal car
as they do in the USA and you find with come chauffeur drive vehicles.

at the end of a night, are desirable features. Which means they should be
popular in any UK city really.

Not sure the interior is hosable - might not do the door electrics any
favours.

--
Spud