Old May 26th 04, 03:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Piccadilly line extension to Terminal 5/Heathrow Express extension to T5

"Richard J." wrote in message
Boltar wrote:
"Richard J." wrote in message

Because, without assistance from station staff,
he has to walk the whole length of the train and
back, checking each car and closing the doors,
and this holds up following trains.

Thats never bothered them on the piccadilly line.
Many a time I've been tipped off at wood green
to wait while the driver wanders down the train
without any station staff around.

That's probably because Wood Green isn't a scheduled reversing point,

Also, LU would presumably be fined if they delayed Silverlink trains at
Stonebridge Park, while this is not an issue at Wood Green.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped