Old March 15th 17, 07:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jarle Hammen Knudsen Jarle Hammen Knudsen is offline

Default FastTicket machine at Walthamstow Central?

On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 23:04:40 +0100, Jarle Hammen Knudsen
wrote:

What exactly is a FastTicket machine, and does Walthamstow Central
have one? Is it distinct from a regular ticket machine? I seem to
remember from two years ago that new machines were installed for
London Overground.

I've done some digging and found this page:

https://www.virgintrains.co.uk/help-and-contact
click on "How do I collect my tickets from a Fast Ticket machine?".

It says:

You no longer need to go to the station selected when making a
booking. You can collect your ticket from any station with a Fast
Ticket machine.

So why did they ask me to select a station?

(I've booked my London vacation and I'm taking advantage of Virgin
Trains birthday offer to do a day trip to Chester. £10 each way. ).

--
jhk