Old March 25th 17, 09:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud-u-dont-like@potato.field is offline

Default Heathrow T5 Transit photos

On Sat, 25 Mar 2017 21:46:40 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
I wonder where "people mover" ends and metro train begins? These vehicles
seem to be in that grey area somewhere in between though the VAL metros
in france are pretty much the same except ridiculously narrow (presumably
for tunneling cost reasons).

I'd say this is at the people mover end of the spectrum.

But I wouldn't say it was ridiculously narrow:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/33493259211/in/photostream/lightbox/

No, not the T5 one - I was refering the the VAL systems. Even narrower than
a tube train (though higher) and the one in toulouse in the rush hour was not
a pleasent experience.

--
Spud