Old March 26th 17, 08:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Heathrow T5 Transit photos

Roland Perry wrote:
In message
-sept
ember.org, at 17:25:53 on Sat, 25 Mar 2017, Recliner
remarked:
What are the prospects for PRT development at T5, or even to other
terminals?

Pretty low, I think. The current T5 PRT system was supposed to be the first
stage of a much bigger system to link all the terminals to the business car
parks, in order to reduce the number of shuttle buses. It might even have
been part of the planning conditions for T5. But I don't think anything has
been heard of such expansion plans since T5 opened.

A certain awol cynical member of this group predicted exactly that, and I'm
sad to say he appears to have been proved right. But I fear Mr Polson won't
be along shortly to say, "I told you so".

That was one of the rare things where I agreed with him.

Stage 2 was supposed to be using the side tunnels reaching the central
terminals to get from the car parking adjacent to the perimeter fence.

Zilch.

Yup. Those are the business car parks, which were supposed to be
PRT-connected like the T5 business car park. The central terminals' long
stay car park is under the 27R threshold, but I don't think they ever
proposed to connect that to the PRT system.