Old March 31st 17, 11:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jarle Hammen Knudsen Jarle Hammen Knudsen is offline

Default Top three transport things to do

On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 11:53:45 +0100, Someone Somewhere
wrote:

On 31/03/2017 10:42, Jarle Hammen Knudsen wrote:
In your opinion, what are the top three transport related things to do
in London?

London Transport Museum excepted, since I've done that.

Surely it depends what you're interested in, and how much time you have
to spend?

I once did all stations on the Met in a day At the moment I have
five free days in London.

The best, quick, introduction to it all may well be:
1. Start from Trafalgar Square, catch the number 15 heritage service to
Tower Hill

Been there, done that

2. Catch the DLR, changing as necessary, to Royal Victoria
3. Get the Emirates Air Line across the river

Also done.

4. Take the Jubilee line to Canada Water

Can't remember I've been to Canada Water, but is it just to get to the
Overground?

5. Do the Overground north to Wapping
6. Catch the 100 bus to Tower
7. Take the Thames Clipper to Embankment

Haven't done any river services, must do that! Excellent! Also
thinking about the Woolwich ferry.

8. Catch the district line to Victoria

Yep.

9. Take the number 38 to Picadilly Circus / Shaftesbury Ave

I've done the 55 and others from the Bakers Arms area, does that
count?

10. Walk back down to Trafalgar Square via Leicester Square/Charing
Cross road.

Yes, many times.

That covers old and new (single and double decker) buses, underground
(tube and sub-surface), DLR, cable car, overground, boat, and shanks
pony - all in less than about 3 hours....

I have also done bendies.

Regarding the Overground, you should experience the peculiar DMU on
the GOBLIN before it dissapears.

Thanks for putting this list together. It's a good plan for someone
new to London.

--
jhk