Old April 3rd 17, 10:49 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Woking to Heathrow

"e27002 aurora" wrote in message
On Mon, 3 Apr 2017 09:04:24 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"e27002 aurora" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 2 Apr 2017 01:15:45 +0100, Graham Nye

On 2017-04-01 11:07, e27002 aurora wrote:
e27002 aurora wrote:

OK, so I have had it with the Woking RailAir coach link. I need an
alternative means of reaching the airport. Train from the South
Coast
to Woking is fine. But what are the alternatives for reaching the
airport?

Starting from the Portsmouth area.

The national rail journey planner suggests a number of options -
Waterloo,
Paddington, Heathrow or Southampton, Reading, the other railair coach.

If you're going to do part of the journey by coach you could do the
whole
journey by National Express - half an hour longer but a quarter of the
rail price. That's what I do from the West Country rather than messing
around at Reading.

(Travelling off-peak from Portsmouth Harbour seems to save a whole 3%
off the anytime fare. How generous.)

Using Portsmouth Harbour would mean travelling in the opposite
direction, probably be rail! But that one might be doable.

The sanest suggestion is to travel to Waterloo, then taxi to
Paddington, then Heathrow Express.

why would you get a taxi from Waterloo to Padd when there's a direct tube
line?

Have you ever tried to manoeuvre on the Underground with a large
suitcase and a sizable piece of hand baggage, i.e. a pilot's case? I
only tried once. :-)

yep

every time I go to LHR (on the Picc)

tim