Old April 4th 17, 05:59 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Mark Goodge Mark Goodge is offline

Default Woking to Heathrow

On 4 Apr 2017 16:20:19 GMT, Jeremy Double

On Tue, 04 Apr 2017 11:12:51 +0200
Jarle Hammen Knudsen wrote:
On Mon, 03 Apr 2017 09:27:52 +0100, e27002 aurora
wrote:

Have you ever tried to manoeuvre on the Underground with a large
suitcase and a sizable piece of hand baggage, i.e. a pilot's case? I
only tried once. :-)

Yes, but in later years it's been two suitcases and a carry-on
backpack, and often a large shoulder bag added when going home.

Why do some people feel the need to take half their wardrobe with them when
they go on holiday? If I can't fit everything into a medium sized hold-all
when I go away then I chuck stuff out until I can.

How do you fit in your walking boots, waterproofs, fleece, walking
trousers, etc with shirts and underwear for a couple of weeks into that?

;-)

You wear your walking boots, waterproofs, fleece and walking trousers,
of course. That leaves space in the holdall for the underwear and
shirts. You may get strange looks in the terminal, but it certainly
minimises luggage :-)

Disregarding the smiley, when I used to fly to Switzerland regularly
for my work, usually just for two to four days at a time, I found that
travelling in winter made it a lot easier to have everything in
carry-on luggage, as a big coat with lots of pockets can take a
surprising amount of stuff.

Mark