Old April 6th 17, 11:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Woking to Heathrow

In message , at 11:43:17 on Thu, 6 Apr
2017, Neil Williams remarked:
Yes, it could be that in the US there are more ordinary car owners just
doing a little Uber driving to top up their income, whereas iver here, most
Uber drivers are doing it as their main job.

I'd genuinely like to be able to do that, but the UK's approach to taxi
licensing and insurance prohibits it. I do understand the need for
regulation, but it really needs to keep up with the advance of
technology so we are not prevented from taking such opportunities.

What change is required - I hope you don't mean "no hire/reward
insurance and no CRB checking"?