Old April 6th 17, 02:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default Top three transport things to do

On 2017\04\06 12:58, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:07:59 on Thu, 6 Apr
2017, d remarked:

Yes, you fell into the tabloid trap of thinking *all* passengers are
commuters. You also don't seem to realise the services that run on that
line.

Probably 95% of passengers on the railways are commuters. If commuting
doesn't
justify electrification then its highly unlikely any other reason for
travel
will.

Not on that line. I have a friend who lives in Shalford and he cycles to
Guildford. People in Dorking will get the direct train, and people in
Reigate will use Redhill.

And the tph on the line, given you also need to change, is unsuitable
for commuters.

When I lived in Sutton and worked in Horsham, I often changed at Gatwick
and Dorking(s) if the last direct train home was cancelled.