Old April 6th 17, 06:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Woking to Heathrow

In article ,

On 2017-04-06 11:59:51 +0000, Roland Perry said:

What change is required - I hope you don't mean "no hire/reward
insurance and no CRB checking"?

DBS checking (you're out of date there) is dead easy to do, so no,
not that. I run loads of them for Scouting purposes and have one
myself.

I think what I'd change is make licensing a national remit and design
it for ease of obtaining one (and ease of cancellation if you don't
behave), e.g. a smooth online process. I'd also like to see the Uber
US approach to insurance.

So I should be able to log onto gov.uk, apply for a licence, attend
somewhere once for 10 minutes for a DBS document verification (the
only thing that would be in person) and follow the process online,
with "as needed" insurance provided through the taxi company. And
the licence would be valid throughout the UK.

It should be equally possible to make a complaint against a driver
online and progress that complaint through.

How would that enable your car to be tested for compliance?

--
Colin Rosenstiel