Old April 6th 17, 06:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Woking to Heathrow

In article
-septembe

On 2017-04-06 08:51:37 +0000, Roland Perry said:

Why do they provide that in the USA and not the UK?

I have no idea. I don't have a suitable car, FWIW, but if they did
provide it here and I did I might well do the odd bit of Ubering to
make a quid here or there, which is the true opportunity of the gig
economy stuff.

Yes, it could be that in the US there are more ordinary car owners just
doing a little Uber driving to top up their income, whereas iver here,
most Uber drivers are doing it as their main job.

Because in this country there are regulations governing hire cars which mean
just doing a bit of casual Uber driving with ones own car is not on.

--
Colin Rosenstiel