Old April 8th 17, 04:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clank Clank is offline

Default Tube driver: The Job is going down the pan

On 08.04.2017 3:48 PM, tim... wrote:

wrote in message
On Friday, April 7, 2017 at 2:36:30 PM UTC+1, Jarle Hammen Knudsen wrote:
From Anne Maningas' blog:

http://www.version3point1.co.uk/blog...a-for-the-soul

" [...] the other day I went to speak to The Boss Man about the
possibility of handing in my notice, as I now have an Escape Plan.
Boss Man was understandably quite excited that I’d been offered a
better job elsewhere, but perhaps that may be something to do with the
fact that he is looking to retire – and because it’s quite clear to
everyone that The Job is going down the pan, and that people should
really have either a Backup Plan or an Escape Plan. In fact, it’s the
Boss Man that has been nagging me these last 3-4 years about making
sure I have an Escape Plan. "

--
jhk

Is there within all that verbiage an explanation of
how and why the job is going down the pan?

or even any claim that they're a tube driver

If anyone even made a cursory attempt to read it, you'd know that they were
a tube driver who'd also had the misfortune to experience someone jumping
in front of their train recently which was at least a part of their
reasoning for revaluating things.

I'm sure that's not why they feel the job is going down the pan, but it
doubtless does colour their perspective of the desirability of the role. A
deal of sympathy is deserved.

(I'm not sure I know anyone* in any job who has not at some time or another
complained that they work for idiots, it's all going to pot, etc. etc.
etc... And that's without the added stress of someone using you in their
suicide attempt.)

* I include the self employed ;-)