Old April 9th 17, 08:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Garden bridge paused

Offramp wrote:
On Sunday, 9 April 2017 16:47:15 UTC+1, Recliner wrote:

The review found that decisions on the Garden Bridge were driven more by
electoral cycles than value for taxpayers’ money.

I'd like to read a fuller version of that! It sounds very important.

This timing looks like the bridge might have been intended to influence the
2015 general election and 2016 mayoral election:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gard...nning_approval

However, I don't think that was the main factor of the timing. Much more
likely, Boris wanted to get it all approved and construction underway while
he was still mayor, as he knew his successor was unlikely to share his
enthusiasm for La Lumley's grand vision. Had he followed the proper
procurement procedures the process would have taken longer. The outcome
would still have been the same --no bridge-- but it would have cost less to
get there.