Old April 10th 17, 01:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Tube driver: The Job is going down the pan

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 10:01:56 +0100, "michael adams"
wrote:

"Roland Perry" wrote in message ...
In message , at 13:41:52 on Sat, 8
Apr 2017, michael adams remarked:
My technical knowledge is limited but as I understand it anyway
this was because of wheel flats, and the problem was solved eventually
by refacing the effected wheels on lathes.

Now while on the one hand maybe, taking a belt and braces approach
to maintenance is uneconomic in today's climate, nevertheless IMO
this isn't a situation which shouldn't have been allowed to develop in the
first place.

If there's a massive leaf-fall (as happened last Autumn as a combination of medium term
weather conditions plus one of the big storms) the only way to prevent the wheel flats
would be to stop running the trains.

Or how about taking the first two or three scheduled trains out of service,
in both directions on the Uxbridge line where most of the problems
appear to arise, and run the RAT up and down instead between Acton Town
and Uxbridge ?

How many RATs does LU have that can run on the Piccadilly Line? In
fact, LU also ran the A-stock RAT on the Rayner's Lane to Ealing
Common section because of the problems.