Old April 14th 17, 02:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default Circle suspended but not Hammersmith & City

On 2017\04\14 14:53, Recliner wrote:
Someone Somewhere wrote:
On 14/04/2017 12:20, Recliner wrote:
On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 12:34:57 +0200, Jarle Hammen Knudsen
wrote:

The "Weekend travel information" email says the reason for the Circle
suspension is to test new signalling. Will the Hammersmith & City line
trains run with the new signalling then?

They're exactly the same trains, so, no, not with passengers on board.
My guess is that the signalling test is on a part of the Circle line
that's closed this long Easter weekend.

Yes - but as pointed out there is no part of the Circle Line that is
closed that isn't shared with the Hammersmith and City line which is open.

So does that mean the Circle Line is actually a circle line this weekend?

Looks that way... the journey planner says that Aldgate to Bayswater is
direct Circle Line via Barbican. If I ask it for the same journey next
Wednesday it gives the same route but includes the change at Edgware Road.