Old April 18th 17, 02:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Woking to Heathrow

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
05:49:31 on Tue, 18 Apr 2017,
remarked:
The licencing authority doesn't want tourists arriving at the

station
to be greeted by a load of scruffs in beaten up taxis.

The train company, more likely. They control access to the station
forecourt. It's not part of the public highway.

No, it's the council.

On what basis do you make that mendacious claim?

In Cambridge, I gather a few hire cars are signed up to Uber but the
established firms seem to have the market pretty well sewn up. Within
the city they

The Uber ones?

No. Hire cars licensed by the city council AIUI. I am assuming that Uber is
relying on existing operators' cars.

go by the meter.

--
Colin Rosenstiel