Old April 18th 17, 09:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Departing Stock

In article
-september
..org, (Recliner) wrote:

Apparently this Frday (21st) will be the last for the D-stock in normal
service in London. I believe there will be a farewell tour on 7 May.

Indeed so. A working timetable diagram has been announced but not confirmed.
It starts at Upminster at 0624 with runs to Richmond and back arriving at
Upminster at 1623, departing 1635 to Ealing Broadway at 1812. I fear we
won't know if it's actually running then on Friday morning.

The May 7 tour tickets went on sale only this morning and are almost sold
out, despite costing £50, with space in only one car of six still available.

After that, of course, there may be opportnities to travel on them on new
routes, with an unfamiliar diesel rumble under the floor.

Maybe. With the current cost of new rolling stock, I wouldn't count on it. I
mean, if brand new SWT class 707s can be discarded...

--
Colin Rosenstiel