Old April 19th 17, 09:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Woking to Heathrow

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
16:07:44 on Tue, 18 Apr 2017,
remarked:

The bollards have either gone completely or been disabled.

So a failed experiment then?

Over nearly 20 years? Technology moves on, as you of all people should know.

At least out-of-town taxis now only risk getting a ticket (assuming
they aren't allowed in that particular bus lane), rather than a
smashed sump.

Smashed sumps in general happened to chancers not out-of-town taxis.

The layouts have changed, with many of the cycle bypass lanes removed.

Does that mean cycles are not permitted or are they thrown into the
chicane with the buses?

No change to cycle access rules. But they share with other vehicles at some
of the bus gates now.

If you cycled in Cambridge you would have noticed a year or more ago.

I'll look more carefully next time I walk.

It's going past on a daily basis that showed me the changes as they
happened. I also noticed that the New Square bollards stopped working long
before they were officially replaced. Obviously none of us locals made that
public, not wanting any more chancers going through illicitly.

--
Colin Rosenstiel