Old April 23rd 17, 07:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Woking to Heathrow

In message , at 15:04:54 on Sat, 22 Apr
2017, d remarked:

There I agree with you, though I think heavy rail would have been the better
solution for St Ives.

I do wonder if some brown envelopes changed hands to get this busway built.

Most of the money was a government grant (until the project went into
crazy-overspend mode).

I can't see any other good reason for a perfectly servicable railway to be
ripped up and replaced with an inferior alternative.

It wasn't serviceable, and all the stations were gone.