Old April 24th 17, 11:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Woking to Heathrow

In message , at 06:46:35
on Mon, 24 Apr 2017, remarked:
I can't see any other good reason for a perfectly servicable railway
to be ripped up and replaced with an inferior alternative.

It wasn't serviceable, and all the stations were gone.

No they weren't. Indeed some of the buildings and platforms are still
there.

Stations require more than "a building" that someone is living in.
Apart from Histon, which was in such a poor state a rebuild would be
required anyway, what other platforms existed, and how many would
take the trains you envisage running (I note that CastIron were
proposing DMUs, so might have got away with platforms for only two
carriages).

There was more still there than on the Borders Railway.

Over budget and under spec at £350m.