Old April 28th 17, 08:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Woking to Heathrow

In message , at 15:28:13
on Thu, 27 Apr 2017, remarked:

When I used to complain about the P&R being unsuitable for commuters
from Cambridge, you used to claim that's because it was for shoppers.

I did not!

panto Oh yes you did!

Prove it! I've known all about Park & Ride since before you were a student.

We've discussed this many times over the years, and the main indicator
of intended use was the operating hours of the buses.

You said that the original intention was for the P&R to be used by
people working in Cambridge (but that was always misconceived in my view
because it simply abstracts passengers from existing bus routes, and
also concentrates all the demand for the P&R bus service into two short
windows) and therefore ended up being used mainly by shoppers.

Those bus hours were not suitable for people commuting to London wanting
to use the P&R as a substitute for the station car park.