Old April 28th 17, 08:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Cleaner Air For London?

On 2017-04-27 23:49:36 +0000, said:

The National Grid probably prefers not to think about them. The
pseudo-environmentalists who pretend to care about the environment
but who support anti-motorist measures that make air pollution much
worse will continue to assert that we should use less electricity!

It's worth noting that all electric cars do is move pollution away from
the point of use - a laudable aim in cities, fairly pointless on a
rural motorway. Only if we generated all electricity from
renewables/nuclear would pollution itself be substantially affected.
Car use should still be reduced.

Indeed, this being the case, I would see plug-in series hybrids
(electric transmission) that can run on electricity in cities but
petrol outside them as the next growth area.

Neil
--
Neil Williams